Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

popularity of android phone | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
popularity of android phone
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
November 28, 2013
12:08 am
anida40
Members
Forum Posts: 1
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Nowadays android mobiles are very popular in the world because it is advanced and easy to use. It contains many new features so that it is popular among the people.

November 28, 2013
3:38 pm
trajka
Members

I agree with you my friend, and I can even add that they can substitute one personal computer…

November 29, 2013
1:16 am
trala
Members

trajka who said that you need computer when you have a smartphone?  :)

November 29, 2013
12:18 pm
Yvonne
Members

I own a smartphone as well and I absolutely love it, I couldn’t imagine being without it for longer than a few hours.

January 21, 2014
2:59 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

it is amazing how android got very popular and competitive given the short place from it’s initial launch.  it was marketed to be a google phone initially until it create a name for it self after months of being release.

genius!

January 21, 2014
11:54 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

23and14and20 said

it is amazing how android got very popular and competitive given the short place from it’s initial launch.  it was marketed to be a google phone initially until it create a name for it self after months of being release.

genius!

I think a lot of people forget that android existed as android prior to Google purchasing it, the initial android team simply put did not have the funds to get it going in the right direction and in many respects irregardless of thoughts here Android as a platform (to developers) has only become of real value since the release of ICS and it’s Jellybean followups – prior to that Google we’re still homing in how to get it all together. Furthermore Android is opensource .. like linux (it’s based on linux) that means you, samsung, Nokia, Joe Bloggs and anyone with a computer can go grab the source code and do what you want with it .. this is appealing more so to the low cost vendors as it removes that software development pricing which in the past would have been in the thousands (symbian was around 1000 just for app licensing! at one stage)

Lastly it’s not device tied nor hardware tied, we see android on ARM, x86 and MIPS based devices and likely ARM64 and x86_64 devices real soon (S5 probably first) .. blackberry and apple control the ecosystem from hardware to software to which carrier can carry our phone – for low cost vendors (like HTC) Android has been a LIFE saver – they dont need to tie themselves down to a platform, look at samsung while they are the biggest manufacture of Android phones are you aware that they are also working on TIzen to replace it ?

Android is great as is FirefoxOS and Ubuntu mobile – anything that gives a libre license can only be beneficial to us the end user :) but Androids rise to fame has not been without so so so so many quirks along the way (they still havent figured out tablets yet!)

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

January 22, 2014
9:01 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

Krisstoffer said

Android is great as is FirefoxOS and Ubuntu mobile – anything that gives a libre license can only be beneficial to us the end user :) but Androids rise to fame has not been without so so so so many quirks along the way (they still havent figured out tablets yet!)

agree on this area, andriod tablet still sucks nowadays.  but wait are china/korean andriod-claimed tablet really andriod?

September 26, 2014
8:55 am
mahmud
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 18

Android powers hundreds of millions of mobile devices in more than 190 countries around the world. It’s the largest installed base of any mobile platform and growing fast—every day another million users power up their Android devices for the first time and start looking for apps, games, and other digital content.

September 26, 2014
12:30 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

mahmud said
Android powers hundreds of millions of mobile devices in more than 190 countries around the world. It’s the largest installed base of any mobile platform and growing fast—every day another million users power up their Android devices for the first time and start looking for apps, games, and other digital content.

Personally, I don`t take statistics for granted. If I would, I would probably iOS, because Apple claims it`s the largest and most reliable mobile operating system

What I like about Android is that it`s cheap and quite stable, with some natural bugs caused by its open infrastructure

September 26, 2014
3:38 pm
Md Din Islam
Bangladesh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 63
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have used Java,android & Windows operating system yet, obviously I support Android for its super features & different uses.I can find a application anytime by google play. This is really cheap & magmificent, useful too!

September 30, 2014
3:58 am
shere1895
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 85
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

Most of the people use andoroid phone because its features so easy and all kinds of useful apps supported. It is not so expensive  coverage by all.

October 19, 2014
4:37 pm
MagStar
Pittsburgh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 53
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ll stick with Android mostly because everything iOS is so stinking overrated – all talk, no trousers so to speak. And I have had zero issues with my Nexus 7, so I’m curious what ‘they’ don’t get right with tablets….. should I be worried?

October 20, 2014
2:49 pm
Md Din Islam
Bangladesh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 63
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

shere1895 said
Most of the people use andoroid phone because its features so easy and all kinds of useful apps supported. It is not so expensive  coverage by all.

you said the real sentence I wanted to say. android is better than any platform,

October 21, 2014
9:28 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166

I think they are both great phones, Android or iOS, there are plenty of options on the market today, and you can buy whatever suits you better.

October 27, 2014
8:44 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you use a Samsung Tab 8.0, you can actually combine your phone and tablet together. You can perform your work without the need of a computer. All your word processing, reading e manual, reply emails and any stuff a computer is capable off. 

The following users say thank you to jangwl for this useful post:

Costin

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

October 31, 2014
2:45 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

jangwl said
If you use a Samsung Tab 8.0, you can actually combine your phone and tablet together. You can perform your work without the need of a computer. All your word processing, reading e manual, reply emails and any stuff a computer is capable off. 

That sounds great, I`m getting rid of verifying my stuff before leaving home, I usually forget one of them and have to return to get it

These days, I will test it to see what it can do. As far as I could read, it includes only 16GB, which is too little for me, but I presume I can update its storage capacity

November 5, 2014
4:57 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166

@Jangwl, I have a Samsung tablet, it’s very much like a mini computer, plus I can use it as phone, since it has a GSM card, but still I can’t see myself not needing a computer!

November 14, 2014
3:00 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Jangwl, I have a Samsung tablet, it’s very much like a mini computer, plus I can use it as phone, since it has a GSM card, but still I can’t see myself not needing a computer!

I agree to your opinion, since there will always be some activities that you must perform on computer or laptop, in order to obtain reliable results. For example, when I generate a 3D model for one of my customers, I can`t work on my tablet although the software is supported, because I can`t see all the details I need and I can`t quickly select the commands required. It`s more comfortable to do on the classical computer

January 11, 2015
1:54 am
Princess Neesha
Members
19sp_Permalink sp_Print

How can i increase the space of my android phone. I have also used a sd card. But i want another way to increase its space.

January 17, 2015
3:55 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
20sp_Permalink sp_Print

Princess Neesha said
How can i increase the space of my android phone. I have also used a sd card. But i want another way to increase its space.

If you refer to the internal space, your smartphone is limited to a certain level like 512MB, 1GB or more

On the other hand, if you want to add some additional storage capacity, you can try to add a bigger SD card, up to 16GB. Your smartphone will be similar to a tablet, in terms of space available for your favorite content

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters: