Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

How much does a SIM card costs in your country? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
How much does a SIM card costs in your country?
Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 (5 votes) 
December 31, 2014
6:48 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

There’s 3 telecommunication companies here in my country, but Maroc Telecom (which I consider the best) has raised the price of the SIM card to 50 DH (about $5) it used to cost only $2 and sometimes was given for free.

How much does it cost in your country?

January 25, 2015
3:39 am
mawarindah
Members
Forum Posts: 1

my phone card provider give different price for their user when user buy in different time of new promotion price. my mother use the same card provider with me but she spent Rp. 500 ($0.05) per calling while I spent $0.8 for same duration of call.Confused

January 27, 2015
5:19 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

If it`s associated with a prepaid service, it`s automatically charge with 5 euro or 7 euro, depending on the provider you have chosen. You can use this credit as it is, to be consumed per minute or you can apply for an option, that will grant you up to 2000 national minutes and 2000 SMS

If you sign for a postpaid plan, the Sim Card is free

The following users say thank you to Costin for this useful post:

Creators Area
February 14, 2015
11:47 pm
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121

IN Singapore, sms will cost you S$0.05 and 10 cents to 20 cents per minute depening on telcos and type of pre-card use. You can also get limited amount of data like 100MB free.

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

February 20, 2015
4:57 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

jangwl said
IN Singapore, sms will cost you S$0.05 and 10 cents to 20 cents per minute depening on telcos and type of pre-card use. You can also get limited amount of data like 100MB free.

Some internet traffic associated with a prepaid service is mostly attractive, yet I think that 100MB is too little. All you can do is to check your mails on the speed, not to consume the traffic, that I supposed is granted monthly

March 8, 2015
7:45 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge

You can top up your prepaid service with data plan to complement your plan according to the data require or your budget.

Best Regards

Richard

March 9, 2015
5:18 pm
rgd2014
UK
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 78

Here in the UK, I think the cheapest cost for a prepaid sim card is just £0.50, some even are offered free. A sim only plan would be different though.

March 9, 2015
10:46 pm
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192

In the States, it varies a lot on the provider to be honest. T-Mobile for example charges $15 for a SIM card activation kit which is kind of typical. When I purchased a few prepaid mobile phones for family members not too long ago I had to buy Sim card activation kits for them and it averaged about the same. Sometimes you can get the Simcard for free with pre-paid but if you shop around sometimes you’ll find a better monthly price for the same service on that network, but you’ll have to buy the card. It balances out in the end and you save money month to month by buying the card and picking the best plan.

March 11, 2015
7:32 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge

In Singapore, you pay $10 to $20 depending on the package u take. But it is not activation kits as the service providers has preload the sim card with money already.

Best Regards

Richard

March 13, 2015
9:40 pm
lludawg
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 38
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here in Canada, a SIM card can cost anywhere from $10 to $30. However, I got mine for free when I first got my phone. I guess in Canada it really depends on the company you choose to go with.

March 17, 2015
7:19 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

Pre-Paid sim card is big business for the foreigners working in our country. They spend lots of money on them by calling their friends and even using them for IDD call as the service providers provide attractive rates to use them directly instead of buying calling cards.

Best Regards

Richard

March 23, 2015
5:25 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

lludawg said
Here in Canada, a SIM card can cost anywhere from $10 to $30. However, I got mine for free when I first got my phone. I guess in Canada it really depends on the company you choose to go with.

That’s quite a lot for a SIM card! But like you said it depends on the company, it won’t hurt them if they made cheap offers or even free, which is always good.

March 24, 2015
8:06 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yup, service providers can always give you the free sim card. They will be able to made the money back from your calls, sms and data. You must always wait for their marketing stint to get a good deal.

Best Regards

Richard

July 2, 2015
5:00 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yup, service providers can always give you the free sim card. They will be able to made the money back from your calls, sms and data. You must always wait for their marketing stint to get a good deal.

What I noticed lately is that free SIM is double freeLaugh

Besides the fact that you don`t pay 4 or 5 euro as for a classical SIM, you will get something extra, like 10 minutes to speak in the same network. It`s not that much and naturally you will have to buy some credit to use it for your daily needs, yet the idea of something free is attractive

August 14, 2015
2:19 am
Mahi Feye
Members
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

But his selfie stick had some metal in it so it was basically like he was holding up a lightning rod. And right on cue, a bolt of lightning hit the selfie stick traveled through his body and killed him on the spot. There you have it…the world’s first “death by selfie stick.”  And something tells us it won’t be the last.For More visit…..
………………………………………………………………………………………….

Selfie Monopod Stick

January 16, 2016
8:49 am
mathew jakendise
Members
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

The high rates have forced parents to become creative when trying to stay in touch with their children. Instead of adding another high cost cellphone to their plan, many parents are simply buying their children prepaid phone cards, mti magnolia telecom.

December 11, 2016
4:30 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

mathew jakendise said
The high rates have forced parents to become creative when trying to stay in touch with their children. Instead of adding another high cost cellphone to their plan, many parents are simply buying their children prepaid phone cards, mti magnolia telecom.  

It`s a reliable solution, if you have shared subscriptions or unlimited use in the group

This type of service appeared a decade in my country, they were quite popular, today with $5 you can get unlimited use in the same network, sufficient minutes and messages in other networks, as well as internet traffic, so there is no need to search for a subscription to use for family purpose

December 16, 2016
8:58 am
Mike LeBlanc
Members
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

In Canada, they usually come with a new phone so you rarely have to pay for them.  If it does cost money it’s about $10.

December 16, 2016
1:34 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
19sp_Permalink sp_Print

mawarindah said
my phone card provider give different price for their user when user buy in different time of new promotion price. my mother use the same card provider with me but she spent Rp. 500 ($0.05) per calling while I spent $0.8 for same duration of call.Confused  

That is something new for me, could you explain a little bit, please?

How did that promotion sound? Was it separated by days. let`s say if users buy in the first day of promotion, do they get that $0.05 rate? Or was the provider focusing on the age of the consumers? In my country, seniors, aged over 50 years old, also get some discounts

December 16, 2016
1:38 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
20sp_Permalink sp_Print

Talla said
There’s 3 telecommunication companies here in my country, but Maroc Telecom (which I consider the best) has raised the price of the SIM card to 50 DH (about $5) it used to cost only $2 and sometimes was given for free.

How much does it cost in your country?  

Usually, in my country, SIMs are offered for free when a provider enters the market, in order to draw the attention. That was the case of Telecom, emerging in the 2000s, when it offered a free SIM with a lifetime benefit: 2000 minutes to speak only in the same network. It was a revolution at that time

We still have the $2 SIM cards, with 1000 minutes in the provider`s network and 1GB internet traffic, but the most of the SIM cards are estimated at $5 and the benefits are doubled

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters: