Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Travelling to many different countries at once? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Travelling to many different countries at once?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
September 9, 2014
8:37 pm
lludawg
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 38
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

What kind of plan should I look into if I will be travelling to 4 different countries over the course of 3 months? Will I have to get different plans every time I switch countries? Will I have to switch phones?

September 30, 2014
6:24 pm
rgd2014
UK
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 78

Four different countries in 3 months? So it’s just as a tourist? You need to contact your current network provider and ask if they can offer you a good deal when it comes to roaming while you are travelling. Although if I was travelling, I’d avoid using the internet data and would just opt connecting to any available wifi in those places/countries you’d be. It’s more practical and less problem in terms of having to extortionate amounts. When it comes to texting and calls, you need to clarify how much it would cost you for incoming/outgoing texts and calls while overseas.

October 7, 2014
2:23 am
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192

While traveling through town recently I had the radio on. They were talking about T-Mobile’s international free roaming plan. Have you ever looked into it? I personally have AT&T right now but supposedly you can use T-Mobile overseas with little or no additional charges.  I could be wrong of course, but it’s definitely worth a glance in my opinion.

November 27, 2014
4:26 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

I`m not very sure what kind of strategy AT&T adopted, but I can tell you that in Europe countries are grouped in areas (Area 1, Area 2 and so on), in this way you will talk, send messages and browse at similar rates

For example, Germany and France are in Area 1, the cheapest area, including the central European countries. To talk a minute will cost you up to 0.7 eurocents, while sending a message up to 0.3 eurocents

December 30, 2014
10:55 am
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

It’s been many years since I’ve been to Europe.  That’s one of the benefits you guys have… you can travel from country to country within hours…here in the US it takes us days to get from state to state. (Well, from some of them, anyway!)

January 2, 2015
1:47 am
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192

thethunderchild said
It’s been many years since I’ve been to Europe.  That’s one of the benefits you guys have… you can travel from country to country within hours…here in the US it takes us days to get from state to state. (Well, from some of them, anyway!)

Yeah, I have a friend in France and he has a train pass that let’s him travel across the entire country, and even to other countries in the EU like Germany and Britain. Most of the trains take half a day or less to reach their destination, it’s crazy.

January 7, 2015
6:18 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166

thethunderchild said

Well, I think it depends on what transport you chose to take to travel across the country right? If travel by plane, you will reach your destination really faster than taking the train. 

February 9, 2015
8:56 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121

The best mode of transport is taking train in Europe. You get to see all the nice scenery while in the train. They will take you right into the city areas of your destination. Fast and convenient way to travel.

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

February 24, 2015
4:27 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

jangwl said
The best mode of transport is taking train in Europe. You get to see all the nice scenery while in the train. They will take you right into the city areas of your destination. Fast and convenient way to travel.

Usually, if you choose to travel exclusively by train, there are partnership between national transporters. For example from Hungary to Russia, crossing through Romania it will cost you 70 euro, rather than spending more buying separate tickets for every destination (Hungary-Romania, Romania-Russia)

You easily can check rates and trains available

March 8, 2015
7:36 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

This is definitely a good website. It will help us to save money on the transport and gather all the information needed before we embark on the trip.

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

April 1, 2015
12:39 pm
Vincom
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 50
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes, you should register roaming sim to make call from anywhere on the world. Then you also should plan detail of the trip. Where should you stay ? which should you eat ? ect,…

December 15, 2016
11:41 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

Vincom said
Yes, you should register roaming sim to make call from anywhere on the world. Then you also should plan detail of the trip. Where should you stay ? which should you eat ? ect,…  

You don`t have to worry that much about sim cards in Europe, just think of the rest of the luggage

Once you arrive in an European country, you simply buy a local sim card and there you go, you are automatically connected in the provider`s network. Just be sure you attentively monitor your credit, for 5 euro you have about 1000 minutes in the same network, the rest costs moreKiss

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
4 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019