Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Government mandated Spyware on your device. | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Government mandated Spyware on your device.
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 19, 2015
8:39 am
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It seems that in South Korea, the government is wanting all of the devices by younger people to have spyware installed in order to keep an eye on the younger population, their habits, locations, and so forth. I personally feel that this is a step into dangerous territory. It’s one thing to decide to safeguard your own children and keep an eye on them, it’s entirely another for a government entity to mandate their own tracking of their populations activities. It seems dangerous and quite frankly it worries me if this is what is in the future for all of our countries.

The following users say thank you to Cellnut for this useful post:

Jonathan Gagné
February 9, 2017
12:01 pm
Alko Baki
Members
Forum Posts: 2

If you ask me, it’s the one good move from the government.And I believe there won’t be problems for the users until a bad hackers take control over it.I mean police could do much more job with that method of control. 

February 10, 2017
12:29 pm
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

Alko Baki said
If you ask me, it’s the one good move from the government.And I believe there won’t be problems for the users until a bad hackers take control over it.I mean police could do much more job with that method of control.   

It may seem like a good idea in that regard, but you’re trusting the government to be competent, and not make mistakes. And for *people* within the government to act morally.

That’s always dangerous!

I wonder if Russia will be going this way pretty soon…

Worse – the United States, where I live!

February 27, 2017
4:54 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Cellnut said
It seems that in South Korea, the government is wanting all of the devices by younger people to have spyware installed in order to keep an eye on the younger population, their habits, locations, and so forth. I personally feel that this is a step into dangerous territory. It’s one thing to decide to safeguard your own children and keep an eye on them, it’s entirely another for a government entity to mandate their own tracking of their populations activities. It seems dangerous and quite frankly it worries me if this is what is in the future for all of our countries.  

This is something that would have made sense for North Korea, not for a democratic state as this. Yet, the rumour related to it might generate a social backlash, that authorities might not control, so I think if it`s already implemented, it would be silently withdrawn, to calm spirits for a while

March 8, 2017
3:10 am
Ford95
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 50

I think it is not ethical to do that as it will instill suspicion on the populace. They will have that fixed mind that all their activities are being monitored and therefore making them to loose freedom of expression and doing things. It is not a good idea at all.

March 31, 2017
11:01 am
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

Ford95 said
I think it is not ethical to do that as it will instill suspicion on the populace. They will have that fixed mind that all their activities are being monitored and therefore making them to loose freedom of expression and doing things. It is not a good idea at all.  

Here in the US…our politicians are going to allow our ISP providers to sell our personal info.  I’m not happy about that, either.  I get enough spam as it is!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019