Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Is Internet on your flight trip a risk to your safety? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Is Internet on your flight trip a risk to your safety?
Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 Topic Rating: 5 (2 votes) 
May 19, 2015
8:49 pm
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Apparently according to a report, a researcher was able to hack into a plane’s flight systems through the plane’s internet service that is offered to passengers. Admittedly the report does state that it wasn’t via the WiFi system, but posed that it could be possible. What bothers me about this is that it leads me to wonder how secure an aircraft’s systems are to people who want to do harm. I think air transportation companies should endeavor to secure the service, and if they can’t do so, then don’t offer it.

The following users say thank you to Cellnut for this useful post:

Jonesan27, katmoo, Dada Bhai
December 15, 2016
11:57 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

I know that the waves produced by smartphones can interfere with the particular waves of the electric systems of the airplane, that is why the crew asks everybody to keep their phones on the airplane mode. Just imagine 100 smartphones online, the pilots might have troubles in finding direction or controlling the plane

If I were offered an internet connection on my flight, I would refuse. For few hours, I simply want to admire the sky, not to browse or answer back messages, I can do it when I arrive to destination

The following users say thank you to Costin for this useful post:

Jonesan27
March 17, 2017
10:02 am
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

Costin said
I know that the waves produced by smartphones can interfere with the particular waves of the electric systems of the airplane, that is why the crew asks everybody to keep their phones on the airplane mode. Just imagine 100 smartphones online, the pilots might have troubles in finding direction or controlling the plane

If I were offered an internet connection on my flight, I would refuse. For few hours, I simply want to admire the sky, not to browse or answer back messages, I can do it when I arrive to destination  

Some people unfortunately can’t be without an internet connection for 5 minutes!  They just have to know what’s on Facebook!

It’s a good idea for every kid to have a cell phone for an emergency, but too many kids develop an addiction to it at a very early age.

July 6, 2017
4:08 pm
Mohammad Yousuf
Members
Forum Posts: 2

The question was , Is Internet on your flight trip a risk to your safety? 

My answer is,

LaughLaughLaughYou know who you are. You leave your phone on during flights, maybe do a little text messaging and otherwise break rules about cell phone use on planes once the doors close for departure.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019